Cinco De Mayo. I remember the days of squeezing into my local Mexican restaurant sipping margaritas with friends celebrating this beloved holiday. I’ll be honest until now (like as I write this) I never actually knew what the actual holiday was all about. The holiday is to celebrate and observe the victory Mexico had over the French army in 1862. History lesson of the day. Now onto how you can celebrate with your CUB and friends. We put together a Nacho recipe that CUBs will love and Margarita recipe Den Moms will love!
- 3 large chicken breasts, cooked then shredded (you can skip this and buy a rotisserie chicken in store too)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 can Black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 Vine rip tomatos, diced
- Sour cream
- Salsa (see recipe or buy in store)
- Tortilla chips
- 1 cup Pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- 4 Vine ripe tomatos, diced
- 1 Small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 Clove garlic minced
- Juice from a lime
- Set oven to 375° F
- Season chicken breast with olive oil, salt & pepper, dash of cumin and chili powder
- Place seasoned chicken on backing sheet in oven for 35 minutes then shred.A rotisserie chicken would work great for this recipe as well.
- Place cooked, shredded chicken in a large bowl. Add the chili powder, paprika, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper to bowl. Stir to combine. Drizzle in the honey and lime juice. Toss again to combine everything.
- Layer tortilla chips onto a large plater they top with chicken, black beans, diced tomatos, cilantro, top each layer with a little Pepper Jack cheese. Repeat these steps at least two to three times (Don’t want your nacho stack too high but enough to serve a group.
- Bake in a 350° F. oven for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and chicken is heated through. Top with sour cream, salsa and avocado or any of your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
And what Fiesta doesn’t include a tasty Margarita???!!!! This is clearly not for CUBs but I’m sure mom and dad will love it!
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 1 lime squeezed
- 1 shot of Rose’s sweetened lime juice
- 1 teaspoon of Agave nectar
- 2 shot worth of Orange Juice
- 1 shot Cointreau or other orange liqueur
- 2 shots reposado tequila
- About 2 cups ice cubes