Meatless Chili Potato Bowls
Chili is a great one pot Fall meal the whole family can enjoy! I’m always looking for products that I love and can build onto for quick, easy, and healthy meals for my family. Amy’s Organics makes a fantastic vegetarian Organic chili. I added some veggies, a can of petite diced tomatoes, and a little brown sugar. Suddenly a super hearty chili the whole family, including meat lovers, would enjoy! It wasn’t until my husband finished his second bowl that I told him it was vegetarian. He didn’t believe me. We served our chili on top of a warm oven baked potato. Perfect meal for a rainy Fall night!
What you’ll need: (serves a family of 4)
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 can Amy’s Organic Medium Chili
- 1 can Petite diced tomatoes
- 1/2 Tablespoon brown sugar (or less depending on your taste buds)
- 1/2 zucchini chopped
- 1/2 squash chopped
- 4 Russet potatoes (heat oven to 400 degrees, pierce potatoes with a fork, place potatoes on a foil lined pan, and bake for 1 hr)
- Toppings of choice- mashed avocado, Greek yogurt as sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, & olives are our favorites!
- Place olive oil in a pot with chopped zucchini and squash, sautee until tender
- Add the can of chili and can of diced tomatoes to the pot, stir well.
- Add a little brown sugar and stir over medium/ low heat until heated
*Serve warm on top of baked potatoes- simply cut the baked potato in half and mash prior to pouring your chili on top. Remove the skin for your little ones.