Dessert lovers unite! October 14th is National Dessert Day! Grab your cubpanions to enjoy a sweet treat. As if they won’t get enough sweets with Halloween approaching, right?! We’ve created a healthy, cub-friendly recipe that cubs are sure to love and parents will be happy to make! Don’t feel like making your own? We’ve created a list of local spots you can visit to help you get your dessert fix.
Chocolate Chunk Smoothie
- 3 small frozen very ripe bananas, previously peeled & sliced
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1.5 cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 cup of spinach (just to sneak in the good stuff!)
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Mini chocolate chips
- Make sure you have a strong, powerful blender that will blend up the frozen banana. We like this Breville or this Vitamix.
- Add all of the ingredients to the blender, in the order listed, and blend until thick, creamy, and smooth – about 1 minute. Scrape down the sides of the blender as needed.
- Add more milk to thin it out if desired. Sprinkle extra chocolate chips on top with some sprinkles if you’d like!
Don’t feel like fixing your own? Check out these spots in Annapolis and Atlanta!
Have you tried the peanut butter oreo ice cream at The Annapolis Ice Cream Company? This ice cream will leave you wanting more!
Head on over to The Iron Rooster All Day for a mixed berry poptart with whipped cream and sprinkles. Big enough to share with your CUB, but so incredibly delicious that you might want a piece of your own!
Looking for some of the best cakes in town? Check out Main Ingredient Café. Their chocolate mousse cakes and carrot cake are a few our our favorites #cubloves
Fall is in the air! Did someone say pumpkin spice cake? Head on over to a Piece of Cake for a perfect slice!
Have you tried the wide variety of Cheesecakes at Cafe Intermezzo? Their rich cheesecakes are worth every bite and the cafe food is fantastic.
Annapolis & Atlanta area
Take your cubs to Kilwin’s for a chocolate covered graham cracker in a freshly made cone. Try some hot fudge or sprinkles on top for an extra special treat.
You can’t go wrong with Menchie’s Chocolate frozen yogurt. Their assortment of flavors will make you gain a full appreciation of National Dessert Day. They rotate flavors so call ahead check what’s available.
Does your cub love hot chocolate? Try asking for a white hot chocolate or even request a pump of peppermint flavoring for a fun twist at your favorite local Starbucks.
We can’t resist the incredible cupcakes at Georgetown Cupcakes. Classic flavors like vanilla birthday and chocolate birthday with sprinkles are always a cub favorite in our Den!