Did someone say National Tortilla Chip Day? This calls for a Fiesta! Gather a group of amigos and make some yummy Nachos or meet at your favorite Mexican restaurant for dinner to enjoy the star of the day, tortilla chips. Scroll down to the bottom to see some of our favorite Mexican Restaurants!
- 35 tortilla chips
- 1 (15 ounce) can refried beans
- 5 slices of cheddar cheese or American cheese cut into smaller pieces
- 1 can sliced black olives, drained and rinsed
- 1 (11 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken (optional)
- avocado, sour cream, salsa, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray sheet pan generously with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place tortilla chips on a baking pan. Scoop refried beans onto tortilla chips. Distribute cheese evenly and press down to spread the refried beans. Top each chip with some black olives, corn, tomatoes, and chicken.
- Bake nachos for 10 minutes, rotating sheet pan halfway through, until cheese is melted and starting to turn golden brown in spots.
- Remove from oven and let rest a few minutes before serving. Serve with avocado, sour cream, & salsa.
Have you been to El Torro Bravo? Parents, your CUBs will love the chips and you will love their Happy Hour from 3-6 pm Monday-Thursday.
Chevy’s is a great place to gather with a large group of friends. They offer many lighter versions of Mexican dishes for the kiddos.
Mi Pueblo II is a perfect spot to bring family and friends for a fiesta gathering. Their bottomless chips are so addictive! They offer an a la carte menu for the kids which is great if you have a little one with a small appetite.
Bone Garden Cantina is a trendy environment to gather. They offer fabulous drinks for Mama Bears and Papa Bears! They have a skeleton theme, think: Dia de los Muertos, so just make sure your CUBs aren’t scared of skeletons.
Nuevo Laredo Cantina has been voted best in Atlanta by Atlanta Magazine since 1992. They offer authentic Mexican food that your little foodies will love. Their salsa is incredible and pairs nicely with tortilla chips!
Annapolis & Atlanta
Take your CUBs to Moe’s to enjoy a casual evening of Mexican food. Their LiveWell-approved all-natural meat or tofu options are awesome. We all want our kids to get the best possible nutrition.
On The Border is a super kid-friendly environment. They offer kids LiveWell options by substituting soft corn tortillas and the option of grilled vegetables as a side, and apple juice as a drink.
The Cheesecake Factory Factory Nachos are worth enjoying with your CUBpanions. They are loaded with cheesy yumminess. Whose CUB doesn’t love cheese?