Tomorrow, March 1, is National Pig Day!
Invite 3 little CUBpanions over for a social inspired by one of our all-time favorite classics, The Three Little Pigs . Read the story, serve pigs in a blanket, and make a craft that will leave them saying “Oink, Oink”.
Make a Little Pig Nose!
What You’ll Need:
- Egg carton box
- Light pink paint and brushes
- Elastic string
- Safety pin/plastic stick
- Cut out the egg carton box
- Paint it light pink and let it dry
- Poke holes on the sides of the egg carton to string elastic through and tie together
Pigs in a Blanket Recipe
Here’s a recipe CUBs will love to get their hands on!
- 1 (8oz) can original crescent dough
- 20 mini hot dogs (cooked) or cocktail franks
- Parmesan cheese
- Garlic Salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven according to directions on crescent roll package.
- Unroll, but leave intact 2 triangles of crescent rolls.
- Pinch seam together and cut lengthwise into 5 strips and then cross-wise to make 10 strips.
- Roll each strip around one hot dog and place in a baking pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking oil.
- Brush each pig with egg wash and sprinkle with parmesan and garlic salt.
- Bake according to crescent roll package directions.
- Mix all ingredients for Dipping sauce and serve.