Pumpkin Banana Muffins
When it comes to Fall recipes, I’m a sucker for anything and everything pumpkin! I’m always looking for nutritious on the go snacks/ breakfast ideas that will keep my cub satisfied. These pumpkin banana muffins have become a weekly staple in our home and were adapted from a mommy friend’s recipe. She is a personal trainer and wife of a football coach and is always making sure her kids are getting the best nutrition possible, even if it means eating on the go!
What you’ll need:
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2 Cups Whole Wheat Biscuit Cereal (CRUSHED)
- 3/4 cup vanilla almond milk
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoons Agave (or sweetener of choice)
- 1/2 of a ripened banana (mashed)
- coconut oil (unrefined) or coconut oil spray (to coat muffin pan)
- Pre-Heat oven to 375 degrees
- Combine first 5 ingredients.
- Combine wet ingredients (including the canned pumpkin and mashed banana) with 1 cup crushed cereal and let soften for 5 minutes.
- Combine everything including the remaining 1 Cup of crushed cereal.
- Spray or coat muffin molds with coconut oil.
- Fill mold and bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
*Serve warm or place in the refrigerator for an easy grab and go breakfast! You can even serve these for dessert with a little Nutella on top.