Ready, set, GO! Summer is inching closer and closer and that means always being on the go with your little one(s) in tow. Making sure your CUB is fed prior to being social is essential. No one wants to play with a HANGRY (hungry+angry) child. We are constantly testing new snacks and these are a few favorites from our DEN to yours.
Here is a simple and yummy Raspberry Bar recipe:
- 1 can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- ½ cup Sunflower butter (I used this so my little guy could take to school which has a strict no nut rule but any other nut butter will work too)
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ⅓ cup rolled oats (you could use gluton free rolled oats as well to make these GF bars)
- 2 tbsp wheat germ
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 pkg raspberries
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
How to make:
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a food processor, add the chickpeas, Sun butter and coconut sugar. Blend for 1 minute or so, to get the mixture started. Then add all the remaining ingredients, except the raspberries, and blend until smooth. Add the raspberries and pulse a few times to mix them in well. Once everything is mixed together fold in chocolate chips with a spoon.
- Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper. Leave some paper sticking out the sides.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish. Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Let the blondies cool completely before removing from the pan.
- Slice into squares
- These should last at least a few weeks in the fridge. They can also be frozen. Enjoy!
Don’t have time to bake? Don’t worry, there are so many great store bought snacks these days. Here are a few of our favorites!
Grab and Go Bars-
Chocolate Chip chewy granola bars by Cascadian Farm are fantastic. Our CUBs go crazy over the chocolate chips!
How cute are these Mickey Shaped Veggie Chips by good health? We are kind of obsessed with how these put a smile on our CUBs faces each and every time. Plus, they are packed with veggies. Learn more here.
Any snack that incorporates protein, veggies, and fruit is like a magic snack! These Chobani pouches are tasty and keep our little ones full. The Pooh Bear theme is super cute!
String cheese is a fun on the go protein packed snack that is also great fun to peel. Our Cubs love Organic varieties like 365 brand from Whole Foods.
Sometimes your kids just want something sweet. These dried bananas are delicious and are a great alternative to banana chips. They have zero added sugar and are unsulfured.
Cereal in snack cups-
Cereal is a great on the go snack. Try placing in a snack cup so pieces don’t get all over the car! This Heart to Heart cereal by Kashi is a favorite. You can find at most grocery stores or order here.
We LOVE these snack catchers by Munchkin. They are fantastic for cereals, dried fruit, crackers, and so much more. You can order here.