Stuffed DONUT BITES
Hot donuts made fresh in your kitchen? Some would call this a breakfast dream come true or possibly even a bite of heaven. Here is a super easy trick for making hot donuts at home with only a few ingredients. They are addictive, so we apologize in advance. We made 2 versions- Nutella stuffed donuts with powdered sugar on top and Cookie Butter stuffed donuts with cinnamon sugar on top. You really can’t go wrong with either!
What you’ll need:
- Canola oil
- Grands Original flaky biscuits
- Filling of choice- Nutella, cookie butter, or jelly
- Powdered sugar or cinnamon sugar to sprinkle on the outside
- Parchment Paper
- Heat oil to 350 degrees. Make sure your sauce pan has enough oil so that your donuts do not touch the bottom.
- Peel the layers of biscuits apart and place thin layers on parchment paper. Each biscuit has about 3 layers.
- Place filling on the center of each layer as pictured below
- Wrap the dough up like a wonton and make sure the filling is not exposed
- Place in the hot oil and heat until golden brown, turning to brown evenly. Do not crowd the donuts.
- Place golden donuts on paper towels and sprinkle with powdered sugar or cinnamon sugar
- Serve warm!