I wanted to fix something I thought my little guy might like and these could not have turned out better! The sweet and tender chicken paired with stir fried rice was super easy and everyone loved it! My only regret not making more for leftovers! Enjoy.
What you’ll need:
- 1.5 lb boneless, skinless chicken tenders
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 1.5 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Mix corn starch and salt and pepper in bowl. Cut chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces then toss with corn starch. Dip chicken into egg mixture and coat.
- Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken until browned. Place the chicken in a 9 x 13 greased baking dish.
- In mixing bowl, combine sugar, ketchup, vinegar, soy sauce, and garlic salt. Pour over chicken and bake for 1 hour I stirred the chicken half way through so that it coated the pieces in the sauce.