We’ve all heard the benefits of music and how much fun our little ones have dancing to fun songs and beats. We are so lucky to have Raina Sayer as a guest writer and supporter of Social Cub! Raina is the daughter of Rob Sayer, the director of The Music Class, which is one of our favorite places to dance and sing with our little ones. Raina has been very involved with TMC since it was founded. You’ll hear her original compositions and 8-10 year old voice on all of the CDs, but in her own classes, Raina likes to point out her brother’s voice at age 2 because it’s even more adorable. When she is not teaching, Raina can be found in the TMC office managing marketing events, creating birthday videos for students, or happily coloring and editing graphics for The Music Class app and wondering how she got so lucky that she gets paid to color and dance around with kids all day.
Founded in 1998, The Music Class Inc. is an international music education company developed by Rob Sayer based in Atlanta, GA. With over 1700 students regularly enrolled in weekly parent/child classes in metro Atlanta, they are the largest early childhood music education center in the country. Their Music Pups® curriculum and materials are used in over 200 cities in North America and a growing number countries abroad. Their CDs have earned honors including The National Parenting Center’s Seal of Approval and The National Parenting Publications NAPPA Gold Award. Their partnership with Primrose Schools® has brought their songs and activities to over 40,000 children attending Primrose Schools across the US.
The Music Class® programs are designed to unleash the musical potential of young children. We hope you have fun exploring new songs and beats! Please scroll down to learn how to bring The Music Class right to you!
Social Cub Play Date with The Music Class!
Create your own instrument play date!
-Pick a location, date and time
-Invite 2 friends and ask each of them to invite 1 other friend to join.
- Empty pill bottle (make sure it has a child-safe cap!), water bottle, or small Tupperware container
- Dried rice, beans, lentils etc.
- Come prepared to make your own shaker and jam out with your cubs to some music! Remember enthusiasm is much more important than your actual musical skills– your child doesn’t care if you’re tone deaf or can’t keep the beat! If you show them how to love music then they will love music too.
- As for the other moms on this play date – no need to be embarrassed! It’s impossible to not become friends when everyone is being silly and dancing around with their little ones and seeing how much fun their kids are having!
- Turn on your favorite kid friendly music and groove with your new instruments. For some family friendly Pandora stations, try an 80s dance party station, Michael Buble, The Beatles, or Motown.
- Or download The Music Class app for some free Music Class music!
- Download “The Music Class” app from the app store
- Log in using the username: firstname.lastname@example.org
and password: sample
Why this date is cub tested and mother approved:
Research shows us the first few years are critical for developing children’s understanding and appreciation for music. Just like language, the best way to learn music is to be immersed in it. Plus – IT’S SO MUCH FUN! You’ll love watching your kids groove and dance and play with the other little ones on this great Social Cub play date.