Turkey Day Centerpiece for the kid Table
Whether you are wanting a festive Thanksgiving centerpiece for the kid table or the adult table, we came up with a cute idea everyone will love. My daughter is having a Thanksgiving feast at her daycare, so I wanted something the kids could easily identify and learn about. A Pilgrim HAT with flowers. I remember loving carnations as a kid and just thinking the colors were so fun, so with this centerpiece, the kids will be able to take a few flowers from the top of the hat to bring home. Although kids will love the end result, this activity is a craft for adults because it involves using scissors and a hot glue gun.
What you’ll need:
- Circle chalkboard- about the size of a dinner plate (our had strings which we cut off
- Small black lamp shade- you want this to be a little larger than a large plastic cup
- Yellow and orange felt- make sure the felt sheet is long enough to wrap around the base of your lamp shade for a pilgrim-like band
- Glue gun
- Carnations (red, yellow, and orange)
You should be able to find everything but the carnations at your local craft store. We found everything at A.C. Moore.
- Cut felt to make a buckle and band
- Glue around rim of the lampshade on the larger opened end and place band of felt down and then glue the buckle on top
- glue the under side of the rim of the large opening and place down in the center of the chalkboard to make it look like a hat
- Write names in chalk of the kids or adults at the table
- Place flowers in the top